On Sunday nights at 6:00, Pastor Ron his Bible study on Zoom. See below for more information. At 6:00, click on the study below to join. If you have trouble setting up Zoom, please call or text Rebekah at (803) 524-7691, or communicate by email: .
Tips, Tricks, and Etiquette for Using Zoom Meetings
Here are a few tips and tricks as you get ready to use Zoom for online meetings.
- Zoom is free. You can use it on your desktop or your mobile app.
- You will receive a link from the host/organizer for your Zoom meeting. It can be emailed to you, put on the church website, or even texted to you. It works just like any other link.
- If you are joining your meeting from your computer, then the first time you use Zoom you will need to install the Zoom software. That happens automatically when you click the link. Just follow the prompts.
- If you are running Zoom from your mobile device (for example, your phone), then you will need to install the App before using Zoom for the first time.
Here are a few Rules of the Road when in a Zoom meeting.
- For larger meetings (more than 10 people), begin your Zoom meeting muted and remain muted unless you are speaking. This helps reduce the amount of background noise during the meeting.
- Use your webcam since that gives the meeting a more personal feel. Non-verbal queues can be very important in communication. Whether you use the webcam or not is a personal preference and may depend on the size of the group and nature of the meeting.
- If you are on your phone and need to take another call feel free to leave the zoom meeting and return. Use the same link you used to initially join the meeting.
For Sunday School Teachers and Other Group Leaders.
- If you want to lead a group using Zoom, the software is free. You will need to sign up on zoom.us. The free option allows meetings of up to 100 attendees and up to 40 minutes. If you want to exceed 40 minutes, then you will need to subscribe to the service; it is $14.99 a month. Try the free service before making any purchases.
- On the Zoom website there is a link called Support. This resource provides lots of tutorials, training, and other options to help you get acclimated to leading virtual meetings. In particular, look at the One Minute Video Introductions section that provides quick overviews about Zoom.
- If you need someone to speak with about a question or need assistance, you can contact Chris Bragg at 803-367-7711 or email .